Thursday, December 27, 2012

As the new year rolls around...

...I was scrolling through some old comments and I couldn't help but smile at what kind readers I have! It means more than you would think to hear nice feedback from a positive community of bloggers out there in cyberspace. Although posting lighthearted narrations is quite entertaining, lately, I have lost a lot of motivation for this blog. I've really felt no inspiration to write cheesy anecdotes. I have, however, had a few spurts of inspiration as far as my art. For a while, I thought that the art I was making didn't match this blog, so I felt that I couldn't mix the two. However, I've decided that what this blog once was does not need to restrict what it could be. Therefore, this blog is going through a slight transformation. I'm hoping to post more art than text in the coming weeks.

Thomas Merton once said, "Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time."

Sometimes when I'm drawing, I imagine myself wandering within a dark thicket of trees, or wading through the murky waters of an everglade. I always concoct images that exist in a time and place apart from this one. In order to draw, I quite regularly try to lose myself in an entirely different world. But sometimes, I find that the faraway places that I imagine are those which feel closest to home.

I think drawing from the imagination is quite therapeutic--and it need not simply be for children.

-B

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you posting again. I love your new header, and I look forward to seeing your art :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so perfectly written. Your blog is yours, and therefore can transform as you transform. Don't ever limit yourself; be who you are! Love you and the new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated xoxo