Saturday, June 18, 2011

How to Introduce Your Blog to Friends

WARNING: This post does not include any drawings.  But if you use your imagination, it's almost as cool as one with drawings.



Introducing my blog to others has been a constant worry from the start.  It's not because I'm worried how they will react... well, ok.  It is because I am worried how they will react.

I feel as if I am introducing my weird twin who happens to only speak animal-language and is paranoid about an upcoming zombie apocalypse to all of my school friends who didn't even know I had a sister.  I mean, wouldn't you feel a little self-conscious about introducing this kind of person to your friends?

Except it is worse for me, because unfortunately, it is not my twin, it is me. I am the one who only speaks animal-language and is constantly worried about an upcoming zombie apocalypse. 

Many people don't know this weird side of me that likes to obsess over magical creatures and draw weird cartoons that hardly make any sense.  I guess I'm kind of like Two-Face.  I have my normal, slightly shy and extremely awkward self, and then I have "BeeBee".  She's the side of me that likes to make smoothies out of every single content of the refrigerator and ride unicorns in her spare time.  I guess she's also awkward.  I might not be quite as epically awesome as Two-Face, but you get the picture.


(Pretty much me.)

So first off, I came up with a few ideas of how I could introduce my blog to friends without them quite knowing what I am doing, therefore hopefully skipping the awkward stage.

1. Bring it up in conversation, but pretend like I don't write the blog.

Me:  Hey, I was reading this hilarious post on theartofbeebeeing.blogspot.com about dragons. IT WAS SO FUNNY.

I will articulate each syllable of the URL so that they go and visit it.  And I mean, it's not too far from the truth.  I do sometimes sit in my room cracking up at myself.  Sometimes I wonder if people are entertained by the kind of stuff I'm entertained by.  Like a support group for Mermaid-wannabes.  I mean, that's hilarious... right?? (If you have no idea what the heck I am talking about, click here!)

2.  Send them a picture with the URL discreetly placed in the image.  It will be like a ninja form of subliminal messaging.

LOOK AT THIS COOL WATERFALL.

3.  Whenever anyone wants to email me, I will force them to go through my blog to get my email.  That way they will HAVE to look at my posts.

4.  Post it as a Facebook status.

I also came up with a few ways to explain this alter-ego to others just in case they bring up my blog and the fact that I am so much different in person:

1.  Oh, that blog?  I have NO idea.

2.  WAIT, WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

3.  Yeah, that's me.  I'm usually writing during one of my insomniac moments or when I'm really high off of sugar... don't worry.

4.  I don't know what you are talking about.

5.  Yeah, don't you wish you had a unicorn?

6.  You're just jealous of my dragon-catching skilz.

7.  Oh... you know who writes that?  It's the funniest thing... it's actually my evil twin sister! Isn't she weird??

8.  Vahhh?? NO SPEEK EEN-GLEESH.


I think these are probably the best ways to avoid a confrontation about my weirdness.

5 comments:

  1. BWAHAHA! Loved this post, especially the different ways of explaining the alter-ego and the Two Face picture (it did kinda freak me out though!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your posts! xD
    Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You shouldn't be embarassed to introduce your blog to your friends. IT IS SO AWESOME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated xoxo